Sunday, April 12, 2009

Welcome!

It's that age old question of what to write after Fade In...you know where you'd like to take the story, but you're not quite sure where it begins. So too, my blog.

I'd like this blog to serve a few purposes:

I'll share some of my knowledge of what to do and what not to do when writing and submitting a script. I've been reading scripts for a management company for a while now, and I see a lot of the same errors over and over. I've also read a few scripts that got it right, and I'd love to see more of them. I won't be able to get into any specifics about the scripts themselves, but I'll share tips that can get your script past readers like me.

I'm also working on some of my own writing projects. I have a feature and a TV spec that I've completed and I'm just beginning work on my next project. I'll talk a little about my writing process and share those wonderful and frustrating moments only writers can really appreciate.

I'm currently interning at a fabulous organization called New York Women in Film and TV. The organization hosts speakers, seminars, panels, screenings, etc., with the hopes of providing resources and networking opportunities for filmmakers (women specifically, but men are encouraged to join). I'll share some of what I've learned both from the events themselves and from networking. Because we're all great writers, right? We just need those connections...so I'll be talking a bit on how to get and maintain some connections.

Speaking of connections...what I think will be the most of fun aspect of this blog is that I intend for it to be interactive. I'd love to respond to readers' questions. On the other hand, I have yet to be paid for my writing work, so obviously I won't have all the answers. It would be great if you all could send me some of your insights and experiences, and I'll post them here (with proper attribution, of course!). I also want to lend my "script reader goggles" to you, so if you have a scene that you're having trouble with or just need a pair of eyes to look over, send it my way, and I'll post it here with some feedback. I'd love to have this blog become an online hub of screenwriters, so we can all build our networks, have moral support, and polish our writing while we do it.

Welcome to the blog, I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment