Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A remake of a show about a remake of a show

The title to this post reminds me of the Friends episode "The One Where Everybody Finds Out," when Phoebe says "They don't know that we know they know we know" and Joey has no idea what she's talking about. Fittingly enough, Matt Le Blanc is starring in a new Showtime comedy "Episodes" -- a remake of a BBC show, about two British writing partners/married couple who are signed on to produce an American version of their hit British show. The comedy is being written by former Friends co-creator David Crane and Mad About You co-producer Jeffrey Klarik. It could be really cute. I love everything Friends, so I'll definitely be tuning in when the time comes.

Also, just a musing I've been having lately that seems to fit here. Remember a year or so ago when comedy was dead? Well, it just goes to show you that trends are just that -- fleeting and changing. There are 3 full nights of sitcoms on network TV, and HBO and Showtime have quite a few half-hour comedies. And that's not counting dramedies like Glee or Ugly Betty. People are interested in laughing again. As for me, I could barely contain my laughter during last week's premiere of Modern Family, and I've been loving newbies Community, Bored to Death and Cougar Town as well. Gotta get ready for tonight's two new comedies also...oh, time, where have you gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment